Third DUI Offense
A third DUI offense is charged as a second degree misdemeanor, and a person has two prior DUI convictions. It is punishable as follows:
- Up to 12 months in jail;
- Up to 12 months of probation;
- A minimum of 6 months of driver’s license suspension, up to 12 months;
- A minimum of $2,000.00 in fines up to $5,000.00;
- 10 days of vehicle impoundment;
- 2 years of ignition interlock device;
- 50 hours of community service;
- 21-hour DUI School;
- Victim Impact Panel class;
- Substance abuse evaluation and treatment if necessary.
Enhanced penalties with a BAC over 0.15 or with a minor in a car are as follows:
- A minimum of $4,000.00 in fines.