2nd DUI after 5 years
Second offense of DUI within 5 years of a previous DUI conviction is a second degree misdemeanor, and is punishable as follows:
- A minimum of 10 days in jail up to 9 months in jail;
- Up to 12 months of probation;
- 5 years of driver’s license suspension;
- A minimum of $1,000.00 in fines up to $2,000.00;
- 30 days of vehicle impoundment;
- 1 year of ignition interlock device;
- 21- hour DUI School;
- Victim Impact Panel class;
- 50 hours of community service;
- Substance abuse evaluation with treatment if necessary.
If the BAC is above 0.15 or if there is a minor present in the vehicle, enhanced penalties are:
- A minimum of 10 days in jail up to 12 months in jail
- A minimum of $2,000.00 in fines up to $4,000.00;
- 2 years of ignition interlock device.