2nd DUI within 5 years
Second offense DUI is also a second degree misdemeanor, and a person has a previous conviction of a DUI. The penalties are as follows:
- Up to 9 months in jail;
- Up to 12 months of probation;
- A minimum of $1,000.00 in fines up to $2,000.00;
- 1 year of ignition interlock device;
- 50 hours of community service;
- 21-hour DUI School;
- Victim Impact Panel class;
- 6 months of driver’s license suspension;
- 10 days of vehicle impoundment;
- Substance abuse evaluation with treatment if necessary.
Enhanced penalties with breath alcohol level or BAC over 0.15 or a minor in the vehicle are as follows:
- Up to 12 months in jail;
- A minimum of $2,000.00 in fines up to $4,000.00;
- 2 years of ignition interlock device.