DUI with Property Damage
DUI with property has an additional element of causing damaging, directly or indirectly, to the property of another person. This is a first degree misdemeanor punishable as follows:
- Up to 12 months in jail;
- Up to 12 months of probation;
- 6 months of driver’s license suspension;
- A minimum of $500.00 in fines up to $1,000.00;
- 12-hour DUI School;
- Victim Impact Panel class;
- 50 hours of community service;
- 10 days of vehicle impoundment;
- Substance abuse evaluation with treatment if necessary.
If the BAC is 0.15 or there is a minor present, then the penalties are enhanced as follows:
- A minimum of $1,000.00 up to $2,000.00;
- 6 months of ignition interlock device.